- It's important for the berries to be nearly thawed. Otherwise, they will become a frozen mass that locks up the food processor (until it thaws). When they are still a tiny bit crunchy, you can start the recipe.
½ cup sugar
12-ounce bag of frozen raspberries, nearly thawed
32 ounces fat-free plain yogurt
- Whirl the sugar a few seconds in the food processor.
- Add the berries and whirl to blend with sugar.
- Add yogurt. Whirl until well blended.
- Place in covered container and freeze.
- To serve, the container needs to thaw on counter 10-40 minutes (or longer). The time will vary with the temperature of freezer, the temperature of the room, and how soft you like it.
- Scoop and serve. Sometimes I scrape the top with a fork . . . which creates the texture of snow cones.