- I know I say it all the time but this recipe is simple and delicious – and it's vegan!
- I like to use homemade vinaigrette made with olive oil,
balsamic vinegar, garlic,
Dijonmustard, and marjoram (or basil or thyme).
- This salad tastes great with or without the olives.
- The Tofurky Italian Sausage is seasoned with basil and sun-dried tomatoes. The nutrient and ingredient info is here and a photo of the packaging here.
14-15 escarole leaves
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
½ teaspoon canola oil
1 Tofurky Italian sausage, diced
10 oil-cured olives, pitted (optional)
- Rinse, spin, and tear the escarole leaves.
- Put the oil and the chopped Tofurky Italian sausage into a skillet. Stir fry over medium-high eat just until it begins to brown.
- Add the Tofurky Italian sausage, tomatoes, and oil-cured olives (optional).
- Toss with you favorite vinaigrette and serve.