- My cousin Robyn is my first guest chef! She posted this recipe online in honor of her daughter's birthday. The recipe is clearly a family favorite. Robyn said: “I truly feel there is great joy in sharing special recipes.” Doesn’t it look delicious!?!
- I love the mix of cinnamon, chocolate, and nuts. I wonder how it would be with chopped dates added to the topping.
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Topping – Robyn usually increases all the topping ingredients, especially the chips.
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
¾ cup chocolate chips
- Mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- Measure dry ingredients into a small bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla.
- Blend in the sour cream.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Put half (or a little less so you have enough for the top) the batter into the tube pan. Top with half the topping. Repeat using the remaining batter and topping.
- Bake for 45-50+ minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Cool cake and remove from tube pan to serve.