20110811

Blueberry Buckle -- Double Recipe for 9x13 pan

  • Single recipe is here.
  • Aug 12, 2011: I just updated the recipe. More berries. No more shortening; all oil. It's bigger and will need more baking time now that I'm using 8 cups of berries instead of 6, but I can't tell you how many minutes it will need, because I lost track.
  • Long ago, my friend Pat gave me this recipe. Over the years I increased the berries.

Batter and Berries
4 cups flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoon salt (I may have used less)
½ cup canola oil
1½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1½ cup milk
4 to 8 cups blueberries, rinsed (If you use 8 cups, see my note at the top.)

Topping
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter, softened
  • Preheat oven to 375°.
  • Grease an 9" x 13" pan.
  • Mix the batter:
    • Sift/mix together all dry ingredients onto wax paper or into a small bowl.
    • Mix oil, sugar and egg. Cream well.
    • Add half the milk; mix well.
    • Add half the dry ingredients; mix well.
    • Add the rest of the milk; mix well.
    • Add the rest of the dry ingredients; mix well and then beat vigorously.
  • Fold-in blueberries.
  • Spread into greased pan.
  • Mix topping ingredients either with your hands or two butter knives. Sprinkle topping over batter.
  • Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until pick comes out clean. (If you use 8 cups of berries, see my note at the top; it's going to take longer but I don't know how long.)
  • Serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails