- I was pleasantly surprised to learn how easy it is to make my own ketchup and mustard.
- This is another lacto-fermented recipe from The Heal Your Gut Cookbook using pickle juice or whey for the starter. Use pickle juice that is not made with vinegar.
- Bubbie’s Kosher Dill, my favorite fermented pickles, are spicy, so this mustard has almost too much kick but it works nicely in salad dressing and sauces.
½ cup raw apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
2 tablespoons fermented pickle juice or whey
1 teaspoon sea salt
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon tumeric
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer into a jar. Cap the jar.
- Leave at room temperature for 3 days, then move to the fridge.
- This mustard will keep for several months.