- It's pumpkin pie minus the fuss and calories of the crust!
- This is an amalgam of several recipes.
- This recipe calls for a can of pumpkin puree but you can easily substitute yams, sweet potatoes, or some other winter squash. You can use store-bought puree or make your own.
3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon molasses
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cloves
½ teaspoon mace
1 tablespoons cinnamon
1½ teaspoons ginger
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups skim milk
15-ounce can of pumpkin purée (or 2 cups homemade puree from one of the following: pumpkin, yam, sweet potato, winter squash)
- Preheat oven – see temperature options below.
- Grease an oven-proof dish with butter.
- Mix all the ingredients in the order listed.
- Pour into greased oven proof dish.
- Bake one of two ways:
- 350° for 2 hours.
- 450° for 10 minutes. Then, turn down oven to 350° and bake 40 minutes or until done.