- Two things are key to lump-free results: Mixing the cornmeal with COLD water and stirring until it boils.
- Note what the Boys of Cooking have to say about cornmeal granulation.
- This recipe is easy to expand -- just maintain the 1:4::cornmeal:water ratio.
Thank you, Lobstah and the Boys of Cooking, for this recipe!
½ cup cornmeal
2 cups cold water
½ teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons butter (optional).
- Mix corn meal, cold water and salt in a saucepan over HIGH heat. Stir constantly while water comes to a boil.
- When it begins to boil, reduce heat to LOWEST possible setting. Cover pan.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes more.
- Stir in butter, if you wish or skip it.