1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chip bits
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets or 1 large jelly roll pan with spray oil.
- Sift all dry ingredients except the sugars into a medium bowl.
- Blend oil and sugars in food processor.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add part of the flour mixture, then move the dough out of the food processor into a mixing bowl and work-in the remaining flour mixture. Stir until blended.
- Add the nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Form two logs 3"-4" wide and about 1/2" thick. If the dough is sticky, wet your hands with cold water to make it easier to handle the dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool completely. This is key to making thin slices. You may want to turn off the oven.
- When you are ready to toast the biscotti, reheat oven to 325°.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove the logs from the pan. Be careful to not break the logs.
- Slice logs on the diagonal about ¾” thick – or thinner.
- Place the slices back on cookie sheets and bake about 10-15 minutes until browned and crisp. Watch carefully as the bottom may brown faster.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- These freeze well, but usually are eaten quickly!